So, for the past few weeks I’ve been experimenting with a few new projects aside from crochet!
My little niece, Ashley, got an American Girl for her birthday so I thought I’d try sewing her doll a dress. I’m not a huge fan of the fabric I used but it was what I had. I might try this pattern out again with some fabric that suits my niece’s taste a little better…pink, pink and more pink!
To start, I bought the pattern from KottonCandyPatterns on Etsy. It was really easy to follow and the pattern itself was conveniently printed on only one sheet of paper.
The pattern suggested finishing the edges with a zig-zag stitch or with a serger. I found in the end that the layers of fabric were too thick. You definitely need a serger to make this dress look professional inside and out.
I haven’t yet finished the closing of the dress but would like to try inserting a zipper.
Overall, I thought this was a fun pattern to make!