The other night, I got into some sewing again! This was supposed to be a dog however, it turned into a mouse somehow! I consider myself a beginner sewer so I wasn’t surprised to see the final product look a little different than the pattern. I only had a small selection of grey and floral fabric at the time too which didn’t help the situation. Still, it’s cute!
Here’s how it was supposed to look:
I purchased the pattern on Etsy at “ElfPop’s” Store. It was an instant download and I found the pattern very easy to follow.
I found closing the project along the bottom to be very difficult (as you can see in my project, the raw edges of the legs are showing! haha). Clearly, I need more practice with hand stitching fabrics.
I liked her tip of using fabric glue to hold the small felt pieces in place while you stitch them on the sewing machine instead of using pins.
I used interfacing and 6mm safety eyes for the eyes.
I emailed ElfPop a few questions so I can try this out again! Stay tuned!